Now that I know this works to my satisfaction, I've begun building another bridge. This project actually began with a leftover single arch span from the 13' curved viaduct that I built for a customer and did not need. A few photos of that viaduct appear elsewhere on my blog. That single arch forms the basis for which I added the bulk that makes up this bridge, and my experiment with the foam tape for the stone blocks.|
I still have to do the voissoirs (under arch stones), carve the pilasters, glue the various components together, and paint (and add railing of course).
I widened and carved the pilasters, added capstones at the top of each, and repainted the bridge. I also made some deck changes up top. Next, I work on the the underarches, utilizing a new experiment, something that I have not tried, the outcome should be interesting, stay tuned, it is one of the more creative things that I have tried recently, and from what I see, it will turn out just as I had hoped it would.